What is your FAVORITE BOOK?
Is your favorite book a wordless book, a picture book, a chapter book, or a living book?
We want to hear about your favorite BOOK!
Join other homeschooling children as they share their favorite stories.
You will have 2-3 minutes to tell us why you LOVE your book and what makes it your FAVORITE.
We would encourage you to dress in character or bring a small prop! Please remember to bring your book.
Thursday, March 9th
Future dates: April 20th & May 25th
CBC Room #118
All homeschoolers are welcome to join in the fun!
*Please be sensitive, and use discretion, as you are selecting your book. As Christian homeschoolers we do not want to offend others with our selections.
Contact Hollie Struxness at 850-607-4336 or email@example.com with questions
Billy and Masae Lyday have been long-time members of CBC currently in Homebound status. Masae had to be rushed to the hospital this morning and is undergoing some tests.
We need folks who can help with sitting for about 3 hours at a time and giving limited care to Billy (who is bed-bound), until we know Masae’s further condition.
If you can help with this emergency need, please call Pastor Ed direct at 843-441-9563.
ISO: Pre -Algebra Teaching Textbooks to borrow for a single mom. Thanks!
Also looking for someone (one of teenagers who is good at math??) to tutor/work with this 14 year old Pre-algebra student 2-3 afternoons a week.
Ain’t spring cleaning great!!! It’s been in my shed awhile but looks very solid and the bench adjusts with no problem. If you are interested I can bring it to church anytime. I would like to get $150.00 for the set. You can email me firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at 843-812-2864. You can see what I purchased here originally http://www.ironmaster.com/products/super-bench-combo-deal-2/
CBC Homeschool STANFORD ACHIEVEMENT TESTING 2017
The Stanford Achievement Test will be administered to homeschooling students this spring. This testing is available to CBCCA students as well as non-CBCCA/non-CBC homeschool students. Below are the details:
Place: Community Bible Church, Children’s Building
Dates: May 2 – May 4, 2017 (Tuesday – Thursday)
Grades: 4 – 12
Testers: Audrey Broggi, Cindy Smith, Ninette Hodgins
Time: 8:45 – 12:00 (approximate)
Administrative Fee: $40.00 per student.
Payment preferred in the form of a check made out to CBC, with “Stanford Test fee” written in the memo.
Give to Claudia Gay or Laura Caldwell (Front Desk of main building.)
Deadline for payment is April 11. No student will be tested Without Payment.
(Please do not make us come to you; pay promptly. Thank you)
Parents are responsible for ordering and paying for the Stanford Achievement Tests (NOT the Stanford/OLSAT) for their child (children). The instructions are:
- Order online (bjupresstesting.com) or call BJUP (800.845.5731). You will be ordering the Stanford Achievement Test (the SAT or TASK for high school) according to the current grade level of your student.
- Should order by March 27, 2017 in order to ensure timely delivery to test administrator. If ordering after that date, please call BJUP to ensure a timely delivery.
- You will need to identify the tester as Ninette Hodgins. Ninette’s tester ID number is 910564.
- BJU will require you to verify that you homeschool your child (children).
- On the same day you order your test, please e-mail Ninette (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Student’s first, middle initial, last name d. preferred parent contact information-
- birthdate of student – phone number or e-mail
- student’s current grade level e. parent’s mailing address
- Tests will be shipped to Ninette. The day after testing she will mail the tests back to BJU. The parent (purchaser) will be notified by BJU when the results are ready for review online, usually within 10 business days from the day the tests are received back at BJU. _______________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for allowing CBC the privilege of administering the Stanford to your student(s). Our desire is to provide an optimum environment where the student can perform to his/her ability. If you have any questions, please email or call Ninette (firstname.lastname@example.org) (843.757.6822).
Please remember to adhere to the March 27 and April 11 deadlines. Thank you
|Name *||Evelyn Owens|
|Phone Number||(843) 812-1828|
|Announcement Request *||
Mark your calendars! VBS plans are underway.
Drama try outs are scheduled for Wed. March 1 at 5:00 in the fellowship hall. All CBC members, adults and teens age 14 and older, are welcome to try out for the parts.
VBS dates are June 27-30. Hope to see you there!!
Lander University would like to invite you and your homeschool association to a Homeschool Day on Friday, March 3, 2017. This event is designed for high school students who are beginning or finishing the college search process. We would like to introduce you to the opportunities that Lander has to offer. Come and meet faculty, staff, and students, tour campus and residence halls, and enjoy lunch in the dining hall.
We hope you will join us to experience Lander University. Register online at go.lander.edu/visit. Please forward to any and all students you think may be interested in this event.
I look forward to seeing you on campus,
Jennifer M. Mathis, MHRD
Executive Director, Office of Admissions
Looking for a house to rent 1500 to 2000 sq feet in Beaufort with a garage as soon as possible. Would prefer a fenced back yard. Must allow small dogs.