From Mark Mansell –
Does your teen 15 or older have a heart for Christ and a desire to share the Gospel? Christian Youth in Action, or CYIA, offers a summer internship specifically designed to train students to share their faith.
CYIA is a missions program specifically designed for high school and college age students. Training, materials and ministry opportunities are provided to help students confidently share their faith with children in their very own communities. Each year approximately 100 students across SC reach out to nearly 10,000 children throughout the state.
Some of your training will be held at your local CEF office. However, a week-long training school is held at Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina. CIU is one of the Premier Missions universities in the world. They believe strongly in the CYIA program. They offer tuition discounts to students who serve in CYIA and wish to further their education. There is a cost for your materials, training, meals and lodging. Your local CEF representative will help you discover ways of inviting others to invest in your missions training to help cover some of the expenses.
Contact Mark Mansell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the Application and Details:
Here are the requirements:
- Be 15 years of age or older (except by special permission).
- Have the assurance of salvation based on the authority of the Word of God.
- Be a maturing Christian, demonstrating Christ-like conduct in daily life.
- Be willing to make a commitment to work five weeks, teaching three clubs per day.
- Attend the required CYIA training provided by CEF to prepare for teaching summer Good News Clubs.
- Work under the authority and supervision of Leadership and CEF staff.
- Believe and sign the CEF Worker Compliance Agreement and be screened for the CEF Child Protection Policy.
- Request CEF staff as a “friend” on Facebook. (Mark N Sharon Mansell). Facebook settings must allow “friend” to see wall-to-wall posts.
- Agree to check email, text messages daily for updates and announcements.